Monday, August 19, 2013

I Am Thankful




For the wife - Who say its “ Khichadi Kadai” to night  because  she is home  with me  and not with someone  else.

For the husband- Who is on the sofa being a couch potato, because he is home with me and not out at farm house drinking.

For the teenager- Who is complaining about doing dishes because it means she is at home not at law garden.

For the taxes- I pay because it means I am employed.

For the mess to clean after a party- Because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

For the clothes  that fit  a little  too snug-  Because  it means  I have  enough  to eat.

For my shadow- That watches me work because it means I am out in the sun shine.


For a lawn that needs mowing- Window that needs cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.


For all the complaining- I hear about the UPA and BJP government, because it means we have freedom of speech.


For the  parking spot- I find  at the far end of the parking  lot  because  it means  I am  capable  of walking and I have been blessed with transportation. 


For my huge electricity bill- Because it means I am warm in Kashmiri winter.


For the lady behind me- in an orchestra who sings ghazal off key because it means I can hear.

For the pile of laundry and ironing- Because it means   I have clothes to wear.

For weariness and   aching  muscles-  at the  end of the day  because  it means  I have  been  capable  of working hard.

For the alarm that goes off-  in the early morning  hours  because   it means  I am  alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment