Friday, September 21, 2012

THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS...OUR CAREFREE DAYS


Last December as I sat with couple of my school friends we started discussing about summer holidays in our schools.. This topic came up when one of us complained of not getting any leave and we all agreed on this plight that we are facing.. and the conversation started..

The last day of April.. morning prayers are on.. me and my friends anxiously waiting for the prayer to get over and to hear the news.. but some how the watch must have stopped.. we kept checking when finally the prayer was over and Principal came near the podium.. our heart beats rose and he started announcing all sorts of things except the thing that we want to hear.. after waiting for another 5 minutes and somehow absorbing Principals lectures he finally announced "SUMMER HOLIDAYS BEGINNING FROM TOMORROW AND WILL CONTINUE TILL JUNE".. wow what an announcement I looked at my friend she was elated and the only thing that came in our minds were home, mom, hot food, games and no worries.. once going back home we just  threw our bags and shoes and in our uniform only took out all the games that we had and started playing.. the next day of the holiday we all were out for the whole day playing here and there, collecting marbles, riding our cycles.. food was never a hindrance we could go on like this for the whole day until mom called and say 'now if you don't come home I'll come down and take you by your ear'.. going to nani's place and spend the day with her asking her to cook for me good things.. going up to the chocolate shop and buy toffees.. doing hell lot of mischiefs.. climbing trees.. jumping in water.. steeling guavas wow that was fun until the dog came out in the barn.. music of 80's and shaking madly with it.. going to friends place and spending night there.. oh the days were so simple, sunny and gay.. no worries at all.. oh how can I forget the home works hmmm that did give trouble but not what we face now..

now as I sit in my office and think of those days the only thing I see is happiness, fun filled days, nearness of friends.. I am not saying they have drifted apart they are still with me but those days were different those days were our days.. wish I could go back to enjoy some more summer holidays some more carefree days.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment