Friday, September 21, 2012

A DEBATE THAT I LOST AND I AM HAPPY WITH IT...


The first time when I heard about human psychology been described with photographs and that too black and white photographs that show the play of light and shade I had a doubt in my mind as to what I might come across. I knew that the human psychology is complex. Mere description with words can hardly bring justice to this subject. Human psychology itself brings in various topics to talk on. But can this subject be described with photographs?  Can photographs speak on behalf of this huge topic? It was of-course a debatable subject for me.

‘Life On The Edge’ a black and white collection of photographs clicked by one of my friends tries to bring this subject on canvas.  The camera catches the various shades and moods of light trying to depict the human mind. Everyday we come across people, places and situations and we react to them differently. All these reactions are related to our daily experiences. These reactions include anger, love, care, friendship and many more. These reactions brand us and give us our identity. I was mesmerised with what was showasted in front of me.

The photographs taken by my friend give these situations a wide spectrum. Through these photographs we can gather the human nature and its behaviour. He describes them as something that can stimulate a person’s thought process and allows them to see the thin lines that layer our minds which are nearly indistinguishable. He captures this manifested subject through his lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment