Friday, September 21, 2012

I AM ALIVE... STORY OF A TREE...


I have been standing here for so many years. So many things I have seen I have seen many functions and many people. I have seen the people around me growing old and retiring. The gardner too he became old in front of me and now his son is here.. such a handsome boy he is and he really loves me... every after noon he comes under me and takes rest talks to me and in the evening he leaves for the day for gearing up for the next tomorrow... That day too he came under my shade but was very busy in cleaning up the area.. There was supposed to be a huge function that day.. the tents were on and people decorating the otherwise slumber garden... by evening people gathered there.. the Hi-Tea was on when suddenly.. suddenly someone shouted FIRE... FIRE... and people ran here and there.. I saw my friends they tried to save themselves but poor us we had to be there only when I suddenly saw I AM BURNING... without much thinking I took that fire on me so that I can save those many people I see running... I too shouted in pain but no one could hear me I burned till I fainted.. then I don't remember anything... the next morning i woke up I saw my charred body... it rained last night and that helped to douse the fire but i was surprised that I don't have any feeling and I realized am dead I cried and I cried went up to my friends but they could not see me but they were talking about me and my sad ending... I saw few people coming near my dead body with an axe.. but the gardener he stopped them he shouted at them and said "no you cannot cut it down it will come back to life I know it will..." those people gave some days time and said I don't come back to life they will remove me from there.. with a heavy heart I looked up to god and asked "what can I do now.. only you can help me" He smiled and said you go back and see what happens in few days time... with some doubts I came back looked at my body an enter it ... few days passed by nothing happened and I lost my hope when suddenly I noticed from the corner of my eye... something green yes it was green.. there were some new leaves I WAS ALIVE.. I CAME BACK TO LIFE... I looked at my friends and shouted I am alive and they were overjoyed to see me coming back to life... a bird flew up to me and sat on my branch and merrily sang and said soon you'll be green again and see life in and around you.. soon our nests will decorate your branches and our children will chirp merrily here... 

No comments:

Post a Comment