Sunday, March 23, 2014

Zahid, as I Know Him



You have only one life to make the best use of it. Don’t waste time, for time is worship and not a minute should be wasted. I have never been concerned with my outward appearances. What lies beneath the cloths is real me, confined by emotions of love and hate, general irritability and occasional equipoise, angry denunciations and tolerance of another’s point of view, rigid adherence to self prescribed regimen and accommodation of others convenience.

Am I a likeable man? I don’t know. I’ve had very few close friends because I’ve never set much store by friendship. I enjoy the company of intelligent people and would r read a book or listen to music when not in company of nice people.  My love for Urdu poetry   has grown so much that besides Quran, I read only Urdu poetry. I keep Ghalib   on my bedside table and an anthology   of Urdu poetry on the table besides me where I sit the entire day on Sunday and holidays.

I have always had great interest in nature, in flowers in trees and in birds. I enjoy identifying the different birds that visits the terrace in both my village house and where ever possible.  

I have an image of a person with a glad eye, which come from the fact that I have always talked openly and frankly about sex. Most of the sex in my uttering’s just fantasies after all; I am not much of a lover. But I do love the company of women especially beautiful women’s who are lively, intelligent and they seem to enjoy my company.   

I have been wiling in my blog for four years. My purpose is to inform, amuse, provoke and share my thought. I am also somewhat of a missionary preaching secularism. My mission is to warn people, readers against the dangers posed by the communal forces. I will continue to oppose fundamentalists of all religious till I live. May be my efforts will be futile but I will persist no matter what the outcome may be.

When asked if what I have been doing will be worthwhile, in my reply, I quote an Urdu couplet:

“Kya puchte ho haal mere kaarobar ka
Aaeeney bechta hoon andhon ke sheher me”

You ask me about my business what I have is mind
I sell mirrors in the city of the blind.                         

I would like to be remembered as someone who made people smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment